Sunday, July 18, 2010

New Chapter

Well, It's been a few days since I got the axe via certified mail.  I've worked out a few list of things to do this week.  It's amazing how when you have all the time in the world, it's hard to find a starting point.

My lists are divided into personal, household and professional.

Personally, I intend to learn to breath again.  I've spent so much of the past 6+ years trying to fit into a system that didn't want me.  I feel like I should have to go through a military-style debriefing

Household needs are easier to define...Organize, Organize...Organize.  From our schedule, which is nonexistent , to the walls of clutter, I know what needs to be done.  The dilemma lies in the order of operations.

Professionally, I'm taking a little vacation from nursing.  The family can't afford my little vacation to be indefinite, but probably a couple of weeks.  Then I'll put together a resume and hit the local temp agencies.  I hate that I traded the money and the freedom of agency work to the security of being on staff.  But I was single then.  Thank God for a supportive mate.

As for my writing, I have several irons in the fire.  I've misplaced my notes on the mythology series so that is on hold.  I'm work on character bios for the mystery series.  And, I just finished the plot outline for the erotic series.  I also have started working a nonfiction project.

I haven't had a real working space...working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment